Associated with the Stevensons of Norwich surveying and reporting services is the follow up service of securing and repairing historic and traditionally constructed ceilings.
The risk associated with historic and traditionally constructed ceilings is that of a breaking down of the structure leading in extreme cases to partial or complete collapse.
Issues leading to breakdown and collapse include:
- Water ingress and damage
- Impact damage
- Structural movement
- Degradation and wear and tear over time
The types of plaster ceilings regularly addressed by the Stevensons of Norwich securing and repair services include:
- Traditional lime plaster on laths
- Fibrous plaster
- Plaster on EML
- Combinations of the above
- Domed, vaulted, groined, plain & enriched ceilings all fall within Stevensons scope
Repair methods include:
- Securing with stainless steel screws and washers
- Securing with galvanised wire and plaster wads
- Partial or complete replacement
- Introduction of galvanised secondary metal fixing points
- Mechanical fixings introduced to secure enrichments and ornamentation
- Repair and making good of surface damage and cracks
- Temporary propping of suspect ceilings pending survey and repair
The Stevensons securing and repair service has been tried and tested over a period of more than 30 years in buildings of every type including theatres, cinemas, public buildings, commercial property and private houses both large and small.